Pages

Monday 23 June 2008

Apple Safari 3.1.2 - an Update

I finally had a chance to check out the latest version of Apple's web browser - Safari. This update, 3.1.2, seems fast but I don't think its as fast as Firefox 3.0. I mentioned before about the random freezing of the program, so far this hasn't happen with the update. The biggest things they fixed were security related, especially the "carpet bombing" flaw which resulted from Safari automatically downloading executable files based on internet explorer settings although security issues still exist, but this is also true for the other browsers. One more thing, I like the way FF3 handles tabs, Safari requires too much keyboard pushing to open a link in a tab and also select. For now I am sticking with FF3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger