Pages

Thursday 3 July 2008

Tour de France via Google Earth

I'm a recreational cyclist and I love it!! The terrain in my neck of the woods, St. John's, Newfoundland is hilly and we have some strong winds, but besides that there are no real traffic problems and the roads are in OK shape. Like most cyclists I am a Tour de France fan, and I would love to be in good enough shape (without steroids) to complete (not compete) the course, maybe it will happen, maybe.....Anyways, to the point of this posting, Google Earth has Street View imagery (you are given a view from the street) for the whole Tour, it is simply amazing. All you have to do is make sure that the Street View layer is checked off, take a trip via Google Earth to France, look for the camera icon, double click on it, and voila, you can see what the cyclists see, plus you have time to look around. The resolution of the photos is good, I spent 10 minutes looking at a fruit stand along the way, and examining the hill inclines/lengths is exhausting. Go for a ride via Google Earth!!!


Tour de France Street View

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger